This is a tried and tested favourite that will have your family coming back for more. Perfect for a cold winter’s night. Serve on it’s own, or add slow-cooked lamb for a non-vegetarian option. You can even make it ahead and freeze to have on hand for those busy weeks.
2 medium orange sweet potato (unpeeled)
2 tbsn oil
1 brown onion, diced
2 tbsn finely grated fresh ginger
4 tsp mild curry powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 ½ cups dry red lentils
4 cups boiling water
2 x 400g tin diced tomatoes
1 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp honey
¼ cup poppy seeds
2 cups frozen peas
200ml coconut cream
- Fill kettle and boil water
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and dice sweet potato into 2cm cubes. Coat with 1 tablespoon of oil, spread onto a tray and bake until tender (about 15 minutes). Set aside once cooked.
- In a large pan over medium heat, fry onion and ginger in 1 tablespoon of oil until soft (about 5 minutes)
- Add curry powder and turmeric powder to pan and mix well
- Add the dry red lentils and boiling water to pan and simmer on a low-medium heat, uncovered, until lentils go soft (about 15 minutes). Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t run dry!
- Once lentils are cooked, add tin tomatoes, sea salt, honey, poppy seeds, roasted sweet potato and frozen peas, heat till just bubbling.
- Stir through coconut cream, and serve on its own, or with basmati/ brown/ black rice to make it go further!
NOTE: This meal freezes well if you have an excess of leftovers!
Need help eating better, improving your health and fitness, and finally getting the body you want without the pain of dieting and exercise taking over your life?
Sign up to our FREE weight loss eCourse to discover the best eating, exercise, & lifestyle strategies to help you lose weight and keep it off without the pain of dieting & exercise taking over your life
To make sure you don’t miss a spot in our Confidence Avalanche Body & Lifestyle Program, we strongly advise you to sign up now to join our Priority List. You’ll receive up to 15% off the regular price of our program, and will be the first to know when we have a spot available. This means you don’t have to wait until our Intake dates, which only occur twice a year when spots sell out within hours.